BEST DOG-FRIENDLY CANADIAN WINTER GETAWAYS
So you want to visit Canada, eh? Check out these five best dog-friendly Canadian winter getaways.
1. WOODHAVEN COUNTRY LODGE, KAWARTHA LAKES, ONTARIO
Nestled on the western shore of Sandy Lake, the Woodhaven Country Lodge welcomes you and your furry pal with open arms.
- Suites, guest houses, and long-term rentals are all available at this luxury destination.
- You and your pal will enjoy all manner of outdoor snow day activities.
- Once you’re finished having fun, retire for the evening with free Wifi, a spa, library, and fine dining.
2. BLUEBERRY LAKE CHALET RESORT, MONT TREMBLANT, MONTREAL
Discover 15 km of snowshoeing and hiking trails nestled in a pristine forest with a nearby lake, an outdoor pool, and a steam room/sauna.
- You and your pooch will enjoy the impressive log chalets that feature full kitchens, stone, wood-burning fireplaces, and expansive outdoor decks.
- Plus, it’s just a quick 45-minute ride to the famous Mont Tremblant Ski Resort.
- This is winter fun at its best!
3. CANMORE, ALBERTA
Nothing says wintertime fun more than Alberta Canada.
- With those impressive Rocky Mountains as a backdrop, the town of Canmore has many dog-friendly resorts and hotels.
- With three great off-leash parks and plenty of room to roam, your pooch will never want to leave the city of Canmore Alberta.
- Their hiking trails are sure to get your canine’s sniffer running “wild.”
4. SUTTON PLACE HOTEL, REVELSTOKE BRITISH COLUMBIA
If you want to ski, then Revelstoke is the town you want to be in.
- Nestled at the base of Revelstoke Mountains, Sutton Place Hotel provides you and your pet with impressive, ultra-modern suites.
- With its beautiful mountain views, an outdoor, pool/hot tub, wine bar, and fine dining, this location has it all.
- What can Fido do? Dogs are permitted throughout Mount Revelstoke National Park, so let your pooch’s nose lead him to all the fun this area has to offer.
5. CLIFFSIDE COTTAGES, NEWFOUNDLAND
If you want a quiet, quaint vacation destination, try the pet-friendly village in the Bay St. George area of Newfoundland and Labrador!
- It’s been on the maps since 1798.
- This small community of only a few hundred people gives you and your fur buddy the opportunity to stroll along a deserted beach, watch the sun setting over the ocean, or hike along the cliffs.
- Book a room at the Cliffside Cottages, where you’ll find a large dog run onsite where your pet can meet and greet the other canine guests.