Best Social Networking Apps For Your Pet
Pets and pet lovers are one of the most covered niches in the social networking world. Some are good, while some are lame but otherwise, all of them have one aim – to provide the pet-loving community to mingle with other pets and pet lovers in a social networking platform. Here are some of the best social networking apps for pet lovers.
by Piyush Hari
Find pet owners around you to exchange pet sitting and save money while your pooch is taken care of in a loving and caring home.
Go on pet walks together, date a pet lover or simply socialize! Additionally, you can advertise for pet sitting and someone might hire you using Pawesome!
Note: Pawesome currently has support for following types of pets: Dog, Cat, Rabbit, Guinea Pig and Hamster.
2. Yummypets – Pets
Yummypets is the foremost social network dedicated to people who love pets. Capture the best and sweetest moments with your pet by sharing photos and videos. Keep up-to-date on the animal world, advice for healthcare and behaviour from our veterinarian partners as well as hilarious cat and dog videos.
Join their community of over 500,000 pet parents (dogs, cats, reptiles, equines and rodents).
Across our social petwork, share the cute moments with your cat or funny reactions with your dog and make new friends
Yummypets runs themed photo contests all year long where the most creative photos are rewarded with prizes. You could make your pet a star on the computer screen!
by BarkHappy Inc.
BarkHappy is a location-based app and community for dog lovers! Go to more places and do more things with your dog. Plus connect with the local dog owners and community in your area!
- FIND DOG-FRIENDLY PLACES ON THE MAP! Search for dog-friendly restaurants, stores, hotels, parks, and more. See their pet policies and amenities! Even add to the map yourself if a place is missing!
- ATTEND DOG-FRIENDLY EVENTS & HOST YOUR OWN! See upcoming dog-friendly events and create/host your own group play dates with friends!
- DISCOVER DOGS NEARBYConnect with other dogs nearby to make new friends. Send wags, messages, and more!
- LOST AND FOUND ALERTS! Create lost or found reports and alert other users in that area with your dog’s photo and important information.
4. Dokonoko – Dogs&Cats Photo App
by Hobonichi Co., Ltd.
All cats or dogs have a place to call home in Dokonoko (Japanese for “Where are you from?”), whether they have a human family or not.
Dokonoko is a new social network for friends of cats and dogs everywhere—a place to keep a protective eye on your own pets, your friends’ pets, and even strays with no human family at all. Share pictures, vital data, and identifying features so that the animals you love are never alone, even when they’re lost or in trouble.
Dokonoko will bring together all of us who want to share the animals we love and help them when they need it.